PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Effective as of 1
At G4 Station (‘’G4’’),
we strive to ensure that your Personal Data is secure and protected, in
compliance with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012),
and that it is used responsibly to deliver services and products of a standard
that exceed your expectations.
This Policy will state the information we are collecting, using and disclosing
in order to provide services and products to our guests as well as improvements
to guest experiences and provide updates on new developments and promotions at
By accessing and entering this site, you agree to the terms set forth in this
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING AND USING PERSONAL DATA
Type of Personal Data
The information including personal data that we collect may include but not limited to:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation and the particulars of your registered status;
- Your contact information such as telephone numbers, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses and fax numbers;
- Your credit card or relevant payment information;
- Your passport information including passport number, nationality, and a copy of your physical passport;
- Booking and billing data that may be generated at the time you make an online booking via our website, or a third party partner website, for example prepaid booking confirmation;
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems and other security systems;
- Any other personal data you choose to provide to us; and
- Your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us or on our behalf.
Minors and Children
Our websites and on-line services are not intended for us by minors and children and we request them not to provide personal data to us on any of our websites unless with the permission of their parent or guardian.
Purpose for Data Collection and Use
- Provision of hotel services and product
- Processing bookings, reservations and billing
- Analysing financial and performance reports for hostel management
- Market Research via feedback, service quality audits and analysis and review of service standards
How we use and disclose your Personal Data
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- when we have your consent
- trusted third party service providers, under contract with G4, which require your information for transactional, analytical or management services such as credit card processing, market research or database management services
- to comply with legal, law enforcement and regulatory requirements
- for fraud protection and credit risk protection
- in case of emergency and security concerns (e.g. admission to hospitals or police investigation)
Third party service providers will comply with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No 26 of 2012) and applicable laws to ensure that your Personal Data is secure and protected with the fulfilment of delivery of products and services. While we urge all trusted and carefully selected third party service providers to adhere with strict compliance to the Personal Data Protection Act, we do not hold any responsibilities for their omission or lapses when handling your Personal Data. Rest assured that we do not sell nor trade your Personal Data.
Consent is deemed to be given when you request for services to be delivered or accommodation to be provided for and which your Personal Data is required to fulfil the transaction process and delivery.
ACCESS, CORRECT, UPDATE, ERASURE & STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Under the Personal Data Protection Act, you are entitled to access and make changes to any personal data relating to your profile held in our database. You should update the personal data held by us whenever there is a change.
If you want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your personal data is handled by us or third parties on our behalf, you may contact our data protection officers.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
You have the right to ask us for your Personal Data (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format), in some cases, and to have the information transferred to a third party indicated by you.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
You can object to the processing of your Personal Data except in cases whereby there are legal grounds for processing.
Personal Data collected will be stored in a secure environment on servers protected by ‘firewalls’ against external users or unauthorised access. It can only be accessed by authorised persons.
Personal Data submitted on our website are encrypted and protected with industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) communication protocol.
To the best of our endeavours, we will have security measures and procedures in place to secure and protect your Personal Data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
“Cookies” are small pieces of electronic information (specifically, a string of text) that your browser and your operating system store on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can store a user’s ID and password, personalise home pages, identify which parts of a site have been visited and / or keep track of previous website use, selections or purchases.
We will only use certain cookies if you have provided consent for us to do so the first time you visit our website (we may ask you to provide consent again in future).
At any time, you can choose whether to accept or deny cookies; your browser on your computer is often initially set to accept cookies. However, you can choose to deny cookies and continue browsing the sites.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you do not wish to receive any promotional updates or news from us, withdraw consent or to access and update your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officers via: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATES OF POLICY
This Policy may be updated from time to time to comply with legal, regulatory or business requirements and environment. As no prior notice will be issued, please visit this page to peruse changes or updates to the Policy. Your continued use of this website and our services constitute an agreement to the new and updated Policy.
Effective date : March
– END –